For nearly 40 years, Employment Solutions, Inc, has made it the mission of education with a focus on community needs and a lifetime of employment opportunities. The College for Technical Education, a division of Employment Solutions, Inc., prides itself on offering the most in demand technical careers. In 2006 as a non-profit, private institution, the College for Technical Education earned its accreditation through the Council on Proprietary Education, this made it possible for students to apply for the Federal Financial Aid to attend. Through constant contact with Central Kentucky employers, the college stays in-tune with changing needs and through its size, is capable to changing with the trends as needed.
The College for Technical Education History
- The College for Technical Education is a division of Employment Solutions, Inc.
- Employment Solutions, Inc. was formed in 1982 as a private 501 (c) (3) organization that is governed by a 12-member Board of Directors and was originally known as Metro Industries
- The Center for Training and Employment, now known as the College for Technical Education, was opened in February 1997 in the Woodhill Center.
- In October 2000, Employment Solutions purchased the Gainesway Shopping Center at 1165 Centre Parkway.
- In February 2001 the College for Technical Education, Bluegrass Career Services, and Employment Solutions Personnel relocated to the Gainesway Shopping Center.
- In 2006 the College for Technical Education received its full accreditation through the Council on Occupational Education.
- 2011-Approval and licensed through the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
- In 2012, the Winchester extension of the Cosmetology program opened on Wainscot in Winchester, KY.
- On August 12, 2013, the Winchester school was relocated to its new facility at 2135 Bypass Road, Winchester, KY.
- October 2017, Medical Billing and Coding program begins at the Lexington Campus.