A NEW CAREER IN A YEAR
Building Trades Technician
The Building Trades Technician program offers hands-on training in Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, and VAC. In only 9 months, graduates can expect to find employment in 608 VAC EPA Certified positions, construction site work, repair, or maintenance for commercial and industrial establishments such as factories, office buildings, schools, apartment buildings, hotels, motels, & hospitals.
Possible Career Paths
Office Building Maintenance
Construction Site Work
Residential & Commercial Repair
608 HVAC EPA Certified Positions
- To provide training opportunities that will develop relevant technical skills and work procedures along with a positive professional attitude.
- To provide classroom/training facilities, instructional materials, and up-to-date equipment that meet current business and industry standards.
- To develop and put into practice successful interpersonal communication skills and customer service techniques appropriate for the Building Trades profession.
- To provide activities allowing students to add realism to their classroom training and enhance their technical skills.
- To gain proficiency in skills that will result in employment and/or advancements in education and training.
- To understand and demonstrate the safe use of tools, machines, and related instruments in the Building Trades Technician field.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov) forecasts average job prospects (8% increase between 2016 to 2026) for building technicians, whom it categorizes alongside maintenance and repair workers, in the coming years, although construction tends to ebb and flow with the economy.
The median annual salary for building technicians is $37,670, according to the BLS as of May 2017.
In partnership with Bluegrass Career Services, students in every program receive career readiness training during their time with the college. Services include:
Learn More About Our Programs and What's Happening on Campus!
Learn More Now!
Do you have questions about a particular program? Wondering if CTE is right for you? Please contact us below and we'll be in touch to answer any question you may have!