A NEW CAREER IN A YEAR
The Esthetics program trains students on practical and theoretical applications of esthetics. Students will specialize in makeup artistry and cosmetic services, skin treatments and microdensitometer, enhancing the skin, facials, body waxing, eyelash and brow work, and advanced exfoliation treatments. Students must complete 750 hours as deemed by the Kentucky Board of Cosmetology before sitting for the relicense exam.
Possible Career Paths
Esthetician at Hotels, Reports, Salon and Day Spa
Skin Care Product Representative
Skin Care Specialist
Salon or Spa Manager
Eyelash and Brow Specialist
- To provide training opportunities that will develop relevant technical skills and work procedures along with a positive professional attitude.
- To provide classroom/training facilities, instructional materials, and up-to-date equipment that meet current business and industry standards.
- To provide practical work-based training, allowing students to apply real life application to their skill.
- To gain proficiency in skills that will result in employment and/or advancements in education and training.
- To understand and demonstrate the safe use of tools and related instruments in the field of Esthetics.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 28.8 percent employment growth for estheticians and skincare specialists between 2020 and 2030. In that period, an estimated 19,800 jobs should open up. This boom in growth is attributed to new service offerings and the rising demand for skin treatments for medical and cosmetic purposes.
As of May 2019, the median annual salary for a skincare specialist was $34,090.
College Salon at Our Winchester Campus
Book an Appointment at The College Salon
Our cosmetology students are ready to provide hair, makeup, waxing, facials and nail services. All are supervised by a licensed cosmetologist and it helps our students fulfill their hours requirement for licensure.
Salon hours are M-F 10 am - 3:30 pm and the prices are discounted.
In partnership with Bluegrass Career Services, students in every program receive career readiness training during their time with the college. Services include:
Learn More About Our Programs and What's Happening on Campus!
Learn More Now!
Do you have questions about a particular program? Wondering if CTE is right for you? Please contact us below and we'll be in touch to answer any question you may have!