A NEW CAREER IN A YEAR
The primary purpose of the Apprentice Instructor Program is to train the licensed Cosmetologist, Esthetician or Nail Technician in the art of instruction and teaching the basic skills, proper work habits and desirable attitudes necessary to pass the KY State Board licensure exam. Upon completion and subsequent passing of the exam, apprentice instructor graduates may be able to work as an instructor in a cosmetology school.
Possible Career Paths
Cosmetology School Instructor
Esthetics, Nail, Barber or Makeup Instructor
Advanced Beauty Course Instructor
Beauty School Manager
Beauty School Owner
Salon or Spa manager
- To ensure a positive attitude and a sense of personal integrity and self-confidence.
- To teach proper effective communications skills and visual poise.
- Understanding the employer-employee relationships and the instructor-student relationships and respect needed to deliver worthy valued service.
- Learn how to perform the basic skills necessary for teaching, including writing lesson plans, performing lectures and demonstrations, directing student projects, using library resources as well as, audiovisual aids, and web based activities.
- Student will learn from measuring student achievement, supervising front desk and clinic floor operations, and maintaining required student records.
- Applying the theory, technical information, and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for postsecondary vocational education teachers, including cosmetology instructors, should be average, with expected growth of 13% from 2014-2024. Jobs for cosmetologists, along with hairdressers and hairstylists, should grow by 10% in that same decade, per the BLS.
The average salary for a Cosmetology Instructor is $17.74 per hour in the United States. Salary estimates are based on 463 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Cosmetology Instructor employees, users, and collected from past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months. The typical tenure for a Cosmetology Instructor is 1-3 years.
CJ Horne, firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry Nelson, email@example.com
Amy Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org
Crystal Baker, email@example.com
In partnership with Bluegrass Career Services, students in every program receive career readiness training during their time with the college. Services include:
Learn More About Our Programs and What's Happening on Campus!
Learn More Now!
Do you have questions about a particular program? Wondering if CTE is right for you? Please contact us below and we'll be in touch to answer any question you may have!