A NEW CAREER IN A YEAR
Medical Massage Therapy
The Medical Massage Therapy program prepares students will be prepared to sit for the Kentucky Board of Licensure for Massage Therapy exam. Upon passing the exam, students will be licensed in the field as Massage Therapists. Licensure as a Massage Therapist is required in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Graduates from the College for Technical Education are qualified for positions in clinics, doctor’s offices, hospitals and other healthcare settings.
Medical Massage Therapy
Possible Career Paths
Massage Therapy Instructor
- To provide a quality training program resulting in competent massage therapists.
- To prepare students for a credential examination leading to employment in their field.
- To hire highly qualified, experienced and licensed in the field professionals who are dedicated to teaching the quality curriculum designed and provide guidance to our students.
- To develop positive student behaviors grounded in personal responsibility, professionalism, laws and ethics, through various learning experiences, teaching techniques, and modeling of professional development by our experienced instructors.
- To provide an excellent environment to learn and practice the art of medical massage therapy.
Employment of massage therapists is projected to grow 32 percent from 2020 to 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations.
About 23,300 openings for massage therapists are projected each year, on average, over the decade. Many of those openings are expected to result from the need to replace workers who transfer to different occupations or exit the labor force, such as to retire.
The median annual wage for massage therapists was $46,910 in May 2021. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $24,450, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $77,600.
In May 2021, the median annual wages for massage therapists in the top industries in which they worked were as follows:
|Offices of chiropractors||$58,930|
|Offices of all other health practitioners||47,930|
|Personal care services||44,710|
Most massage therapists earn a combination of wages and tips and may receive free or discounted massages as a benefit.
In partnership with Bluegrass Career Services, students in every program receive career readiness training during their time with the college. Services include:
Learn More About Our Programs and What's Happening on Campus!
Learn More Now!
Do you have questions about a particular program? Wondering if CTE is right for you? Please contact us below and we'll be in touch to answer any question you may have!